SC Human Affairs Commission 50th Anniversary Celebration and Forum
June 30, 2022
Doors open in reception hall display area at 5:00 PM | Doors open to the ballroom at 5:30 PM | Forum and Celebration begins promptly at 6:00 PM
Ballroom A, B, and C
Janeen Sanders, Executive Administrative AssistantEmail
$100.00 per ticket and register for ticket prior to June 17th at https://schac.sc.gov/schac-50th-anniversary
1. Reception hall will have displays of historical pictures of the Civil Rights Movement from 1964- 1972 by photographer Cecil Williams and the UofSC Center for Civil Rights.
2. Greetings from the SC House of Representative by The Honorable Gilda Cobb Hunter and from the SC Senate by The Honorable John Scott.
3. Reflections of the beginning years of the agency by the Reverend Dr. George Hamilton, First Commissioner/CAO
4. Forum # 1 - "Women 50 years Later and Beyond" with panelist former Chief Justice of the SC Supreme Court, The Honorable Jean H. Toal, State Superintendent Molley Spearman, and Naida Rutherford, Richland County Coroner.
5. Forum # 2 - "SC - Race and Jobs -50 years and Beyond" with panelist The Honorable James E. Clyburn, US House of Representatives Majority Whip and Representative of the 6th Congressional District, and former Human Affairs Commissioner/CAO, Harry M. Lightsey, III, - Secretary of Commerce for the State of SC, Barbara Melvin, - Chief Operating Officer for SC Ports, and J.T. McLawhorn, - President/CEO Columbia Urban League and Board Chair for the SC Human Affairs Commission.
6. Forum Moderator is Ms. Judi Gaston of WIS TV
and the Mistress of Ceremonies is Dr. Roslyn Clark Artis, President and CEO of Benedict College.