The Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center strives to host sustainable events benefiting our community and planet now and into the future. We invite you to join us in our efforts by utilizing the following sustainable tips!
Before Your Event & During Set-Up
- Use local vendors to reduce shipping and transportation impact
- Consolidate shipments onsite to minimize trash removal costs
- Make use of CMCC’s cardboard compactor; flatten cardboard boxes for recycling purposes
- Avoid using Styrofoam packing peanuts (these are not recyclable)
During Your Event
- Power down all displays, monitors, and booth lighting each night after set up and show hours
- Any equipment that cannot be shut down should be put into sleep-mode during non-expo hours
- Use public transit when traveling to and from the convention center
- Properly dispose of all waste and utilize all available recycling opportunities throughout the show
- Walk from the convention center to lunch, dinner, or your hotel
DID YOU KNOW?
The Vista is within walking distance from the CMCC and features more than 60 restaurants, bars, art galleries and specialty shops!
After Your Event & During Move-Out
- Reuse, refurbish, or extend the life of your current exhibit
- Recycle unused show literature or paper brochures in the CMCC recycling bins
- If you are unable to use any items after the event, consider donating these items locally
Contact us today to plan your sustainable event!
Floor Plans and Capacity
Our modern facility includes a large exhibit hall, a spacious ballroom, and several meeting rooms that can be customized to accommodate your groups needs.
Where Should I Stay?
There are over 1,500 rooms within one mile of the convention center. We’re happy to arrange rooms for your group within walking distance of the center. Contact us for help!View Nearby Hotels