THE RESULTS ARE IN
BY THE NUMBERS
The CMCC hosted 77 events this past quarter with just over 54,000 unique attendees and more than 4,000 total room nights, while the sales team booked a total of 120 future events this past quarter that are forecasted to welcome about 58,425 attendees using an estimated 4,000 hotel room nights.
- We welcomed the SC Nazarene District Office for their first district convention with us this past quarter. The event drew 900 attendees using 300 total room nights and the group is already looking into booking dates for 2020 and 2021.
- Soda City Comic Con LLC filled the building August 9 – 11 and welcomed 7,500 attendees and generated 125 room nights.
- 700 attendees used 225 room nights for BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha in August. This was the first time the event has been held both at the CMCC and in Columbia in general. Special planning and accommodations were made to create separate bathroom areas, meal spaces and room entrances for males and females.
- The SC Public Employee Benefit Authority drew 1,400 attendees for their event in August.
- A.L. Downing Ministries brought 2,000 attendees to the building in September and used 150 room nights.
- The Southeastern Affordable Housing Management Association (SAHMA) rebooked their annual conference March 2021 and 2022, expecting 500 attendees and 300 room nights each time.
- The SC Democratic Party is bringing 1,500 attendees and using 250 room nights in May 2020.
- We’re welcoming Soda City Comic Con LLC back to the building for the sixth year in a row in August 2020. The event is expected to draw 8,000 attendees and generate 125 room nights.
- Encore Dance Competitions will be in the building in October 2020, attracting 400 attendees and utilizing 150 room nights.
- Clemson University Department of Civil Engineering booked for March 2021 and is expecting 880 attendees and 200 room nights.
ON THE ROAD
In an effort to meet with planners of prospective new business, as well as further our professional development, convention center staff attended the following trade shows and conferences this past quarter:
- Cvent Connect in Las Vegas, NV
- ASAE Annual Meeting in Columbus, OH
- Connect Corporate in Louisville, KY
- Connect Association in Louisville, KY
- MPI Carolinas Tradeshow in Raleigh, NC