NEW AND NOTABLE IN 2019
BY THE NUMBERS
The CMCC hosted 106 events this past quarter with more than 40,000 attendees and 4,500 total room nights.
The sales team booked a total of 75 future events this past quarter that are expected to welcome about 42,000 attendees using an estimated 2,250 hotel room nights.
The CMCC team went above and beyond for the events hosted this past quarter, including:
• The SC Council of Teachers of Mathematics held their first event in the Columbia since 2009 on Nov. 14 – 16. The event welcomed 1,000 attendees using 350 room nights and the staff had fun decorating the escalator with different math symbols, as well as displayed a challenging math problem at the base of the escalator and the answer up at the top to see if the attendees could figure it out during the ride.
• The Guram Wedding was held Dec. 22. Special Events Manager David Hopp coordinated the shipment, arrival and setup of a religious structure from India for the bride and groom to enjoy during the festivities. The groom arrived on horseback and the SCAV team worked the event barefoot to adhere to the wedding’s customs.
• Several staff members rang the new year in at the CMCC while working The Brook Church NYE Service. 2,000 attendees showed up for a special worship service that used a 40-ft-wide stage, rigged lighting and a confetti cannon.
This past quarter, we upgraded all 3,500+ bulbs throughout the building to new, energy-efficient LED lighting, which is projected to use 67% less energy than the previous bulbs.
ON THE ROAD
In an effort to meet with planners of prospective new business, as well as further our professional development, members of the sales and events teams attended the following trade shows this past quarter:
• Six in the City BBQ Event in Washington DC
• Connect Faith in Ontario, CA
• Connect GA in Atlanta
• Connect DC in Washington DC
ON THE HORIZON
The CMCC is thrilled to host the Segra Fan Fest Experience in conjunction with the 2019 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament’s first and second round games.
The Segra Fan Fest Experience will be held in the CMCC Exhibit Hall on March 21 from 12 – 8 p.m. and March 22 from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. This two-day extravaganza will offer food, beverages, games, camaraderie and competition for fans of all eight teams, as well as locals looking to get in on the fun. We can’t wait to see you there!
If you’d like more information on the Segra Fan Fest Experience or want to know how you can get involved, please contact David Hopp via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 803.545.0014.