Open for Events
We're excited to be open and safely hosting events. Nothing compares with the real connections, ideas, and engagement that happen when you gather face to face.
Since reopening in June of 2020, we’ve hosted over 60 events of various sizes—from five to 1,000 attendees. Whether you’re planning a sporting event, public show, or annual convention, we’re ready and equipped to safely host your next event.
Your Safety is Our Priority
Rest assured, we’re following the guidelines established by our government officials, health and safety professionals, and industry leaders. And we’re taking additional measures to keep you and your group safe.
Overview of Safety Protocols
Masking, Health & Hygiene
- All staff are required to wear masks and will be encouraged to disinfect their workstations.
- Attendees are also required to always wear a mask except while actively eating and drinking.
- Temperature checks are required prior to entry.
- Our restrooms are largely hands-free.
- We’ve strategically installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the Convention Center.
- We’ve determined max capacities based on our open floor space square footage, and capacity is monitored at the entrance.
- Flow is controlled with dedicated entrances and exits.
- All setups are socially distanced.
- We’ve posted social distancing signs throughout to emphasize maintaining social distancing.
- We’ve introduced heightened cleaning measures, including increased frequency of cleaning common high-touch surfaces such as handrails, door handles, desktops, counters, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Cleaning schedules are customized for each event (including between sessions) and in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- We’ve upgraded our HVAC filters to the CDC’s recommended MERV-13 high-density filters.
- Our rooms are sanitized and sealed prior to client access for their event as well as each evening.
“I was thoroughly impressed with the COVID-19 strategic safety planning…instituted by the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. [They] provided the necessary steps toward migrating their business for re-opening and proactively went above and beyond to ensure their staff and the public would have a safer environment during this pandemic crisis.”
City of Columbia Director of Safety & Risk Management
Events We’ve Hosted
With over 60 events under our belt since the COVID-19 pandemic started, we have the experience and expertise to help you safely plan your next event in Columbia SC. Here's a sampling of the events we've hosted.
- Sporting Events—we've hosted a range of events from a Cornhole World Championship to Cheer and Fitness Competitions.
- Public Shows—the Columbia House & Outdoor Living Show brought over 1,000 attendees over three days.
- Traditional Conventions—we're now hosting general sessions, meals, tradeshows, and breakouts.
- Plated Dinner Events & Balls—including fundraisers with multi-course dinner menus.
- Outdoor Events—events or certain sessions, meals, and receptions can be hosted in our multi-functional outdoor spaces.
- Hybrid Events—our powerful internet infrastructure allows you to host attendees in-person and online.
Learn more about the events we’ve hosted, and how we’re approaching each event with your health and safety in mind.