A Former Industrial District Undergoing a Renaissance
Any Columbia native or out-of-town transplant will be the first to tell you: if you're looking for a vibrant nightlife, complete with delicious food and achingly gorgeous sunsets, look no further than the Vista.
With the Convention Center located in the heart of this district, it's the perfect spot to host a small group for an intimate private event, a large-scale conference, or any other type of gathering.
It’s a former industrial district that has seen tens of millions of dollars’ worth of investments since its revitalization began in the 1990s. The Vista is nestled on the banks of the Congaree River, and is jam-packed with art galleries, bars, and hotels that now populate the once-abandoned warehouses in the area.
Plus, as an added bonus, there are plenty of green spaces nearby, like the Riverwalk, to satisfy the nature-starved in your party.
The Benefits of Hosting Your Event in the Vista
Plentiful, Affordable Accommodations for All of Your Attendees
There are over 1,500 hotel rooms located within a one-mile radius of the Convention Center and the Vista, with affordable options starting in the $115 per night range, including:
- Aloft Columbia
- Hilton Columbia Center
- Hampton Inn by Hilton
- Hyatt Place Columbia
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown at USC
A Host of Different Dining Options
There are dining options that suit every palette here. From Korean and Mexican cuisine, to newfangled takes on Southern classics, seafood, and more, the Vista's restaurant options are the perfect spot to relax and unwind after a long day, or to keep that business discussion going over a casual dinnertime meeting.
The best part? They're all a short and sweet 5-10 minute walk from the Convention Center or your hotel.
- 929 Kitchen & Bar: Upscale contemporary Korean cuisine.
- Blue Marlin: Regionally sourced seafood, cooked up the southern way—be sure to get their shrimp and grits!
- Motor Supply Co. Bistro: An incomparable farm-to-table fine dining experience perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- Sure Fire Tacos: Some locals boast this as the best margarita in town—just don't ask for the recipe (it's a secret, of course).
Plus, the Vista's got plenty of familiar chain restaurants and coffee shops, too. (Starbucks, anyone?)
Enough Bar and Nightlife Options to Suit Every Preference
From eccentric hometown beer joints, to high-class wine bars, local craft breweries, and more, there are all sorts of venues that folks interested in nightlife can enjoy.
- Art Bar: Whacky and colorful, with an interior strewn with Christmas lights, this fixture of the Vista bar scene more than lives up to its name.
- COA Agaveria y Cocina: Upscale cocktails made with hand-squeezed fruit juices, fresh garnishes, and eclectic colors have made this recent addition to the Vista a bustling spot for locals and visitors alike.
- Columbia Craft Brewing Company: A local favorite—independently owned and operated, you can find anything here: lagers, IPAs, red ales, Porters, and beyond. But they're known to make a bevy of sours that will cater to almost any taste bud.
As the only downtown convention center in South Carolina, the CMCC offers unparalleled access to all that Columbia has to offer. Event guests and conference attendees enjoy great food, drink, and fun right on the doorsteps of the facility. With evidence of renewal everywhere, Columbia SC will leave you looking forward to what's next.