- General Information
- Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
SLOW SEASON NO MORE
BY THE NUMBERS
The CMCC hosted 93 events this past quarter with more than 51,000 attendees and 5,700 total room nights, while the sales team booked a total of 74 future events this past quarter that are forecasted to welcome about 40,000 attendees using an estimated 6,000 hotel room nights.
- The SC Nazarene District Office booked and held their district convention with us this month. The event brought 900 attendees using about 300 hotel room nights and the client is already looking to book with us again for 2020.
- Legacy Dance Championship rebooked with us for three days in March 2020 and 2021, expecting 1,000 attendees and using 100 room nights each time.
- The SC State Firefighters Association is returning for their annual conference again in 2020 and 2021. This event brings 5,000 attendees, uses over 1,100 hotel room nights and utilizes the entire building, parking lot and even a stretch of Lincoln Street.
- The SC HIV/ STD Conference is hosting their three-day event with us in October 2020. This is the client’s 13th event with us and it is expected to draw 400 attendees and generate about 180 hotel room nights.
ON THE ROAD
In an effort to meet with planners of prospective new business, as well as further our professional development, convention center staff attended the following trade shows and conferences this past quarter:
- IAVM Venue Management School in Tampa, Fla.
- Stop the Bleed Training and Certification in Columbia, S.C.
- Meeting Professionals World Education Conference in Toronto, Canada
- HelmsBriscoe’s Annual Business Conference in Houston, Texas
- South Carolina Society for Association Executives’ Annual Conference on Hilton Head Island, S.C.
- Emergency Preparedness Training in Columbia, S.C.
The CMCC welcomed its 3 millionth visitor in May 2019, which we celebrated with some words presented by Bill Ellen, as well as gifting cake pops to all attendees at the Richland One School District event.
Year-end totals for the building include 369 future events booked, 349 events hosted and yet another revenue record broken, which makes four years in a row.
Finally, the events department achieved a 90% excellence rating on client surveys for the year.